Monday 16 January 2012

Move over Nigella.....the new domestic goddess has arrived!

Well firstly a massive belated Happy New Year, is it really the 16th January already?  I have a sneaky feeling this year is going to whizz by at the same rate of knots as last year or maybe it's just a fact of life when you're as old as I am!

Christmas seems such a long time ago now, it would be forgotten if it wasn't for those extra pounds which have attached themselves to my waist.....again!  And how is a girl supposed to shift them when people buy me lovely festive gifts like my new Jamie Oliver cookbook......another to add to my now 6 piece collection.   So this year my New Years Resolution was not to diet and get fit (although this is definitely what I need it to be), which undoubtedly would have been broken within 5 days but to START actually using my recipe books instead of having them gather dust on my shelves.  I have made it my mission to try out at least one new recipe each week and so far I have been really good at keeping to my word.  Week One was roasted apple and squash soup made with the last of my butter nut squash crop from the garden and stock made from the Christmas turkey bones.....yummy!  Week Two we had jerk dressed Bristol pork, which would have worked really well had I paid more attention to the number of fresh chillies I used, breathing in was good, breathing out proved more of a problem!  This week I made Cornish pasties.....I can't believe that in my 46 years on this earth I have never made a pasty before, quite bizarre.  Anyway, I was so impressed with my prowess I had to photograph them for all to see, they tasted pretty good too.

Before
After
Well I didn't stop there.........my domestic goddess alter ego just kept on going at the weekend and I found myself donning my pinny once again and beavering away in the kitchen all Saturday morning making marmalade!  12 jars of Seville orange........done! Am I not a 1950s home maker reincarnate?!

Well maybe I'm not doing anything life changing here but it makes me feel like a wholesome earth mother and I LOVE IT!  Besides, it's a distraction from what I should really been doing.......business stuff.  Talking of which, my winter sale is now in full swing and there are some bargains to be had on the sale page of my website.   I've also posted some new products for interiors, you can now buy one off framed weave samples and artwork like these below so take a peak and 'like' the page if you have a Facebook account so that your friends can see it too.
'Inca' - framed one off hand woven sample

Close up of 'Peony' original artwork



1 comment: